Employment / Jobs
Here at Trentham Estate we are always looking for enthusiastic staff to join our fantastic team.
A family-owned winery located at Trentham Cliffs, New South Wales (15 minutes from Mildura),
Trentham Estate is an award-winning boutique wine producer, renowned not only for its award-winning wines but also
exceptional food and service at the magnificent Cellar Door & Restaurant on the banks of the Murray River.
Overall the business comprises many departments including winery & cellar,
vineyard, production, sales & marketing, administration, venue and Wine Club.
To express general interest in employment, please email your resume to:
Winemaker - Full Time
Trentham Estate's state-of-the-art winemaking facility handles 5,000 tonnes of premium fruit each vintage, and the overall brand carries a diverse product portfolio and holds a strong position in the domestic and export markets.
Trentham is seeking to employ, on a full-time basis, an experienced Winemaker. This is a hands-on winemaking role responsible for monitoring, maintaining and executing cellar orders and operations. The successful candidate will contribute to all aspects of winemaking throughout the year.
An outstanding work ethic, attention to detail, safety awareness and motivation to be involved in a small team environment are absolute necessities. A strong passion for all aspects of wine, excellent communication skills and the ability to think strategically paired with commercial aptitude are all requirements for this position.
Trentham is a family orientated business and allows for family friendly workload balance. It is proud of the products it produces and the staff it employs.
Key responsibilities and objectives:
- Manage all winemaking operations on a daily basis with guidance on styles and operational procedures from the Senior Winemaker
- Oversee implementation of winemaking specifications as well as subsequent and routine laboratory analysis during the fermentation, ageing and blending processes.
- Managing both on and off-site bottling
- Quality assurance within the winery
- Ensure all winemaking procedures are carried out in a way that optimises quality and efficiency according to site policies and procedures
- Help manage and drive compliance in OH&S, management systems and process improvements
Applicants require the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Oenology and previous experience as a winemaker
- Current drivers licence and forklift licence
- Comprehensive understanding of quality control standards ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, and understanding of record keeping requirements and inventory control
- EzyWine Systems knowledge is highly favourable
- Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
- Be available to start as soon as possible.
Applicants for this role are welcome to email their application - including cover letter, resume and at least two professional references - directly to: